Star Wars Forum

Just another SW forum
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Darth Maul vs Count Dooku

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin


Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:21 pm

Darth Maul
An extremely skilled Sith Warrior, capable of killing Qui-Gon Jinn, who was easily the strongest Jedi Knight in the order, being able to spar evenly with Mace Windu. In lightsaber combat, he is bested by few, and extremely skilled in the use of Jar'Kai, Niman, and most of all Juyo. Skilled in all lightsaber combat situations, such as using a double bladed, two at once, or just a single lightsaber, he is able to defeat nearly all foes with absolute ease. In power with the Force, Maul was pretty powerful, but unoften used these powers, as he prefered a battle of brute power. He was extremely resistant to pain, even being able to push through Sith Lightning, and he was capable of using Force Grip, Force Kill, Force Choke, Force Push, Force Pull, Force Lightning, and possibly more. Darth Maul was most definitely one of the most powerful Sith Lords that ever existed, and in an EU comic was even able to best Darth Vader, though he was defeated in the end.

Count Dooku
A Sith Inquisitor of extreme power, capable of rivaling Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, and holding his own against Yoda. When he was a Jedi, not only was he the master of Qui-Gon Jinn, but also considered one of the strongest Jedi, only topped by Mace Windu and Yoda. When he became a Sith Lord, his Force powers dramatically increased, while his prowess in lightsaber combat had not diminished. Master of an older style called Makashi, Dooku easily overwhelmed most of his enemies with the unfamiliar style of lightsaber combat, being able to defeat even Obi-Wan Kenobi, one of the greatest swordsman of the age. Not only was he extremely skilled with a lightsaber, but also very powerful with the Force, being able to not only use a powerful Force Lightning, but also to lift heavy objects and hurl them at his opponent during combat.

Darth Sidious' first two apprentices face off, who wins? The Warrior, or the Inquisitor?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thestarforumwars.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin


Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: I vote for Maul   Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:26 pm

I personally believe Darth Maul should win this fight. The two Sith Lords are both extremely powerful, being able to fight on par with the main characters of the series, but Maul has to take the win against Dooku.

Dooku's primary Force ability is to blast his opponent with Force Lightning, which Darth Maul has grown a high resistance to, which gives Maul a bit of an edge, though Dooku would still probably have a slight advantage against Maul in Force ability, and though they are nearly equal with a lightsaber, Maul primarily focused on Juyo, which is the most offensive and brutish style. Makashi is an elegant and swift style, but it's only disadvantage is it's weakness to pure brute strength, giving Maul yet another edge on Dooku. To finish it off, Maul is in much better shape, and is a good amount younger than Dooku, making him the winner of this fight in my opinion.

So my personal vote goes with Maul, What do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thestarforumwars.forumotion.com
I am Yoda



Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-09-03
Age : 21
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:02 am

Count Dooku takes this, no question.

What has Maul shown in the movie? He beat Qui-Gon Jinn, defenitely a noteable feat. He also beat TPM Obi-Wan, yet lost because being cocky.

Maul has yet to show impressive force powers. His skills with a saber however, were deadly. He did get caught of guard when Obi-Wan used the dark side, though.

Dooku is much more impressive. He has trained under both Yoda and Sidious. He has bested Mace in sparring before, held his own against Yoda after tooling Anakin and Obi-Wan in AOTC.

In ROTS, he didn't mean to kill Anakin before it was too late. He destroys Kenobi with the force while kicking Anakin.

Dooku wins, even without the force.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starwars.superforum.pro/
Admin
Admin


Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:22 am

I am Yoda wrote:
Count Dooku takes this, no question.

What has Maul shown in the movie? He beat Qui-Gon Jinn, defenitely a noteable feat. He also beat TPM Obi-Wan, yet lost because being cocky.

Maul has yet to show impressive force powers. His skills with a saber however, were deadly. He did get caught of guard when Obi-Wan used the dark side, though.

Dooku is much more impressive. He has trained under both Yoda and Sidious. He has bested Mace in sparring before, held his own against Yoda after tooling Anakin and Obi-Wan in AOTC.

In ROTS, he didn't mean to kill Anakin before it was too late. He destroys Kenobi with the force while kicking Anakin.

Dooku wins, even without the force.


That is a good observation, but I have to show you my reasoning.

For starters, Dooku did match Mace Windu in sparring, but he was much younger, and in his old age, he lacks the physical strength, and stamina that it takes to fight Mace Windu as an equal for an extended amount of time. Though it is true he was able to hold his own against Yoda, they only fought for 20 seconds, and Dooku was forced to retreat. Not to mention Anakin and Obi-Wan had been fighting in Geonosis for 11 hours, and were probably injured, and exhausted. At full power, Dooku may have lost to them. As for his defeat of Obi-Wan in Revenge of the Sith, I'd say he caught him off guard, and if it was a 1 on 1 fight, Obi-Wan might have won, because he defeated Anakin who was clearly stronger than Dooku.

As for Maul's case, he defeated Qui-Gon Jinn, a respectable Jedi that was able to duel evenly with Mace Windu. Though Qui-Gon was out of his prime days, he still was extremely fit, and had a great physical stature, and defeating him is an amazing feat for Maul on its own. He even defeated Obi-Wan Kenobi, who couldn't beat him without using the Dark Side, and yet he still lost to him. His saber skills are probably superior to Dooku's, as he's a lot physically stronger and faster, and skilled enough to outduel Qui-Gon, who was said to be very close to Dooku when he was younger. As for his Force abilities, he was shown to be capable of using Force Choke, and Force Lightning to an above average degree. He was powerful with the Force, though I agree Dooku far surpassed him in that area. Dooku actually might have won this if it were not for Makashi's weakness to Maul's Juyo.

Great post man! Nice facts too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thestarforumwars.forumotion.com
I am Yoda



Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-09-03
Age : 21
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:46 am

Admin wrote:
I am Yoda wrote:
Count Dooku takes this, no question.

What has Maul shown in the movie? He beat Qui-Gon Jinn, defenitely a noteable feat. He also beat TPM Obi-Wan, yet lost because being cocky.

Maul has yet to show impressive force powers. His skills with a saber however, were deadly. He did get caught of guard when Obi-Wan used the dark side, though.

Dooku is much more impressive. He has trained under both Yoda and Sidious. He has bested Mace in sparring before, held his own against Yoda after tooling Anakin and Obi-Wan in AOTC.

In ROTS, he didn't mean to kill Anakin before it was too late. He destroys Kenobi with the force while kicking Anakin.

Dooku wins, even without the force.


That is a good observation, but I have to show you my reasoning.

For starters, Dooku did match Mace Windu in sparring, but he was much younger, and in his old age, he lacks the physical strength, and stamina that it takes to fight Mace Windu as an equal for an extended amount of time. Though it is true he was able to hold his own against Yoda, they only fought for 20 seconds, and Dooku was forced to retreat. Not to mention Anakin and Obi-Wan had been fighting in Geonosis for 11 hours, and were probably injured, and exhausted. At full power, Dooku may have lost to them. As for his defeat of Obi-Wan in Revenge of the Sith, I'd say he caught him off guard, and if it was a 1 on 1 fight, Obi-Wan might have won, because he defeated Anakin who was clearly stronger than Dooku.

As for Maul's case, he defeated Qui-Gon Jinn, a respectable Jedi that was able to duel evenly with Mace Windu. Though Qui-Gon was out of his prime days, he still was extremely fit, and had a great physical stature, and defeating him is an amazing feat for Maul on its own. He even defeated Obi-Wan Kenobi, who couldn't beat him without using the Dark Side, and yet he still lost to him. His saber skills are probably superior to Dooku's, as he's a lot physically stronger and faster, and skilled enough to outduel Qui-Gon, who was said to be very close to Dooku when he was younger. As for his Force abilities, he was shown to be capable of using Force Choke, and Force Lightning to an above average degree. He was powerful with the Force, though I agree Dooku far surpassed him in that area. Dooku actually might have won this if it were not for Makashi's weakness to Maul's Juyo.

Great post man! Nice facts too.

1. Physical strenght doesn't matter. Look at Yoda.
2. Bad excuse. Nothing indicates that.
3. Catching someone off guard, isn't that what you're supposed to do? Obi-Wan caught Anakin off guard. Mace caught Sidious off guard.

4. Obi-Wan only won because he was smarter than Anakin. They also knew each others moves inside out. It's a different fight in a different environment.
5. What source do you have that says Qui-Gon was close to Dooku.
6. The ''Qui-Gon was even with Mace'' thing is prior to TPM. Argument can't be used, just like the ''Dooku bested Mace'' argument can't be used.
7. Dooku used Makashi, the saber to saber form. This is the best form for straight out dueling and he had practiced it to it's highest degree. This probably won't matter much.
8. The ''brute strenght destroys makashi'' thing is dumb again. IIRC Dooku was 83 as of ROTS, so he must have been practicing for over 60 years. Under Yoda and Sidious too. Don't you think he can use other forms as well?

Dooku is too much for Maul.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starwars.superforum.pro/
Admin
Admin


Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:56 am

I am Yoda wrote:
Admin wrote:
I am Yoda wrote:
Count Dooku takes this, no question.

What has Maul shown in the movie? He beat Qui-Gon Jinn, defenitely a noteable feat. He also beat TPM Obi-Wan, yet lost because being cocky.

Maul has yet to show impressive force powers. His skills with a saber however, were deadly. He did get caught of guard when Obi-Wan used the dark side, though.

Dooku is much more impressive. He has trained under both Yoda and Sidious. He has bested Mace in sparring before, held his own against Yoda after tooling Anakin and Obi-Wan in AOTC.

In ROTS, he didn't mean to kill Anakin before it was too late. He destroys Kenobi with the force while kicking Anakin.

Dooku wins, even without the force.

That is a good observation, but I have to show you my reasoning.

For starters, Dooku did match Mace Windu in sparring, but he was much younger, and in his old age, he lacks the physical strength, and stamina that it takes to fight Mace Windu as an equal for an extended amount of time. Though it is true he was able to hold his own against Yoda, they only fought for 20 seconds, and Dooku was forced to retreat. Not to mention Anakin and Obi-Wan had been fighting in Geonosis for 11 hours, and were probably injured, and exhausted. At full power, Dooku may have lost to them. As for his defeat of Obi-Wan in Revenge of the Sith, I'd say he caught him off guard, and if it was a 1 on 1 fight, Obi-Wan might have won, because he defeated Anakin who was clearly stronger than Dooku.

As for Maul's case, he defeated Qui-Gon Jinn, a respectable Jedi that was able to duel evenly with Mace Windu. Though Qui-Gon was out of his prime days, he still was extremely fit, and had a great physical stature, and defeating him is an amazing feat for Maul on its own. He even defeated Obi-Wan Kenobi, who couldn't beat him without using the Dark Side, and yet he still lost to him. His saber skills are probably superior to Dooku's, as he's a lot physically stronger and faster, and skilled enough to outduel Qui-Gon, who was said to be very close to Dooku when he was younger. As for his Force abilities, he was shown to be capable of using Force Choke, and Force Lightning to an above average degree. He was powerful with the Force, though I agree Dooku far surpassed him in that area. Dooku actually might have won this if it were not for Makashi's weakness to Maul's Juyo.

Great post man! Nice facts too.

1. Physical strenght doesn't matter. Look at Yoda.
2. Bad excuse. Nothing indicates that.
3. Catching someone off guard, isn't that what you're supposed to do? Obi-Wan caught Anakin off guard. Mace caught Sidious off guard.

4. Obi-Wan only won because he was smarter than Anakin. They also knew each others moves inside out. It's a different fight in a different environment.
5. What source do you have that says Qui-Gon was close to Dooku.
6. The ''Qui-Gon was even with Mace'' thing is prior to TPM. Argument can't be used, just like the ''Dooku bested Mace'' argument can't be used.
7. Dooku used Makashi, the saber to saber form. This is the best form for straight out dueling and he had practiced it to it's highest degree. This probably won't matter much.
8. The ''brute strenght destroys makashi'' thing is dumb again. IIRC Dooku was 83 as of ROTS, so he must have been practicing for over 60 years. Under Yoda and Sidious too. Don't you think he can use other forms as well?

Dooku is too much for Maul.

Again you make a valid argument. Here are my thoughts:

1. Well, Yoda's strength is made up for by superior speed and agillity. Physical Strength can impact a fight.
2. Fair enough.
3. That's very true, good call, but chance was involved with that. Though it's possible Dooku > Obi-Wan, I think Obi-Wan could have beaten him in a rematch. Though that's just me.
4. Again, astounding evidence. But Obi-Wan did last very long against Anakin, and even with his smarts, and knowledge of Anakin's moves, he lasted very long, and you have to give him some credit.
5. Well, it was stated both Qui-Gon and Dooku when they were in their primes were able to duel evenly with Mace Windu, implying that they could spar dead even with each other as well.
6. Fair enough.
7. Fair enough. But I believe it's more effective against Ataru and Soresu users. Juyo and Djem So users seem to be it's weakpoint.
8. It's not stated he ever used any other forms. But he is a true MASTER of Makashi, and you have to give him credit for that.

I think Maul would win, but you know what: Your argument makes sense, and I think mine does too. Both of them were very strong opponents and I feel they were very close. Cheers bro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thestarforumwars.forumotion.com
I am Yoda



Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-09-03
Age : 21
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:50 am

Admin wrote:
I am Yoda wrote:
Admin wrote:
I am Yoda wrote:
Count Dooku takes this, no question.

What has Maul shown in the movie? He beat Qui-Gon Jinn, defenitely a noteable feat. He also beat TPM Obi-Wan, yet lost because being cocky.

Maul has yet to show impressive force powers. His skills with a saber however, were deadly. He did get caught of guard when Obi-Wan used the dark side, though.

Dooku is much more impressive. He has trained under both Yoda and Sidious. He has bested Mace in sparring before, held his own against Yoda after tooling Anakin and Obi-Wan in AOTC.

In ROTS, he didn't mean to kill Anakin before it was too late. He destroys Kenobi with the force while kicking Anakin.

Dooku wins, even without the force.

That is a good observation, but I have to show you my reasoning.

For starters, Dooku did match Mace Windu in sparring, but he was much younger, and in his old age, he lacks the physical strength, and stamina that it takes to fight Mace Windu as an equal for an extended amount of time. Though it is true he was able to hold his own against Yoda, they only fought for 20 seconds, and Dooku was forced to retreat. Not to mention Anakin and Obi-Wan had been fighting in Geonosis for 11 hours, and were probably injured, and exhausted. At full power, Dooku may have lost to them. As for his defeat of Obi-Wan in Revenge of the Sith, I'd say he caught him off guard, and if it was a 1 on 1 fight, Obi-Wan might have won, because he defeated Anakin who was clearly stronger than Dooku.

As for Maul's case, he defeated Qui-Gon Jinn, a respectable Jedi that was able to duel evenly with Mace Windu. Though Qui-Gon was out of his prime days, he still was extremely fit, and had a great physical stature, and defeating him is an amazing feat for Maul on its own. He even defeated Obi-Wan Kenobi, who couldn't beat him without using the Dark Side, and yet he still lost to him. His saber skills are probably superior to Dooku's, as he's a lot physically stronger and faster, and skilled enough to outduel Qui-Gon, who was said to be very close to Dooku when he was younger. As for his Force abilities, he was shown to be capable of using Force Choke, and Force Lightning to an above average degree. He was powerful with the Force, though I agree Dooku far surpassed him in that area. Dooku actually might have won this if it were not for Makashi's weakness to Maul's Juyo.

Great post man! Nice facts too.

1. Physical strenght doesn't matter. Look at Yoda.
2. Bad excuse. Nothing indicates that.
3. Catching someone off guard, isn't that what you're supposed to do? Obi-Wan caught Anakin off guard. Mace caught Sidious off guard.

4. Obi-Wan only won because he was smarter than Anakin. They also knew each others moves inside out. It's a different fight in a different environment.
5. What source do you have that says Qui-Gon was close to Dooku.
6. The ''Qui-Gon was even with Mace'' thing is prior to TPM. Argument can't be used, just like the ''Dooku bested Mace'' argument can't be used.
7. Dooku used Makashi, the saber to saber form. This is the best form for straight out dueling and he had practiced it to it's highest degree. This probably won't matter much.
8. The ''brute strenght destroys makashi'' thing is dumb again. IIRC Dooku was 83 as of ROTS, so he must have been practicing for over 60 years. Under Yoda and Sidious too. Don't you think he can use other forms as well?

Dooku is too much for Maul.

Again you make a valid argument. Here are my thoughts:

1. Well, Yoda's strength is made up for by superior speed and agillity. Physical Strength can impact a fight.
2. Fair enough.
3. That's very true, good call, but chance was involved with that. Though it's possible Dooku > Obi-Wan, I think Obi-Wan could have beaten him in a rematch. Though that's just me.
4. Again, astounding evidence. But Obi-Wan did last very long against Anakin, and even with his smarts, and knowledge of Anakin's moves, he lasted very long, and you have to give him some credit.
5. Well, it was stated both Qui-Gon and Dooku when they were in their primes were able to duel evenly with Mace Windu, implying that they could spar dead even with each other as well.
6. Fair enough.
7. Fair enough. But I believe it's more effective against Ataru and Soresu users. Juyo and Djem So users seem to be it's weakpoint.
8. It's not stated he ever used any other forms. But he is a true MASTER of Makashi, and you have to give him credit for that.

I think Maul would win, but you know what: Your argument makes sense, and I think mine does too. Both of them were very strong opponents and I feel they were very close. Cheers bro.

Yeah at least we don't start flaming like you know who...

Experience:
Maul was in his mid twenties when he died I believe. Around 20 years training from Sidious.

Dooku was 83 when he died. IIRC he had studied the dark side around 13 years so that means he trained as a jedi for around 60 years or more.

Force:
In the movie he opens a door and force pushes obi-wan, might have been more, don't remember.
I'm sure he can also force choke. I've never heard he could use lightning though.

Dooku lifted some of the roof at Yoda. He also tried to throw some of the generators or whatever on Yoda. His force lightning is quite powerful as well. Yoda had a hard time with it.

Master Windu himself remained perfectly balanced and centered. In the history of the Jedi Order, only two opponents ever overcame him in battle. One was Master Yoda, who some said was the Order's true master of lightsaber combat. The other was former Master Dooku, whose own fighting style was archaic, yet stunningly effective. - Power of the jedi sourcebook.

The Count's blade was quick as a viper striking. Among the other Jedi, perhaps only Mace Windu would have been his equal on neutral ground: but here on Vjun, steeped in the dark side, his bladework was malice made visible—wickedness cut in red light. - Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

The best of all would be the strongest student, yes? Wisest? Most learned in the ways of the Force? Best of all, Dooku would be! Our great student! Our great failure." - Yoda talking in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

everything points towards dooku being equal to mace windu, or even above. the count is far smarter too.

if they met, dooku would use his superior force powers to kill maul. no need for sabers lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starwars.superforum.pro/
Admin
Admin


Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:46 pm

I am Yoda wrote:
Admin wrote:
I am Yoda wrote:
Admin wrote:
I am Yoda wrote:
Count Dooku takes this, no question.

What has Maul shown in the movie? He beat Qui-Gon Jinn, defenitely a noteable feat. He also beat TPM Obi-Wan, yet lost because being cocky.

Maul has yet to show impressive force powers. His skills with a saber however, were deadly. He did get caught of guard when Obi-Wan used the dark side, though.

Dooku is much more impressive. He has trained under both Yoda and Sidious. He has bested Mace in sparring before, held his own against Yoda after tooling Anakin and Obi-Wan in AOTC.

In ROTS, he didn't mean to kill Anakin before it was too late. He destroys Kenobi with the force while kicking Anakin.

Dooku wins, even without the force.

That is a good observation, but I have to show you my reasoning.

For starters, Dooku did match Mace Windu in sparring, but he was much younger, and in his old age, he lacks the physical strength, and stamina that it takes to fight Mace Windu as an equal for an extended amount of time. Though it is true he was able to hold his own against Yoda, they only fought for 20 seconds, and Dooku was forced to retreat. Not to mention Anakin and Obi-Wan had been fighting in Geonosis for 11 hours, and were probably injured, and exhausted. At full power, Dooku may have lost to them. As for his defeat of Obi-Wan in Revenge of the Sith, I'd say he caught him off guard, and if it was a 1 on 1 fight, Obi-Wan might have won, because he defeated Anakin who was clearly stronger than Dooku.

As for Maul's case, he defeated Qui-Gon Jinn, a respectable Jedi that was able to duel evenly with Mace Windu. Though Qui-Gon was out of his prime days, he still was extremely fit, and had a great physical stature, and defeating him is an amazing feat for Maul on its own. He even defeated Obi-Wan Kenobi, who couldn't beat him without using the Dark Side, and yet he still lost to him. His saber skills are probably superior to Dooku's, as he's a lot physically stronger and faster, and skilled enough to outduel Qui-Gon, who was said to be very close to Dooku when he was younger. As for his Force abilities, he was shown to be capable of using Force Choke, and Force Lightning to an above average degree. He was powerful with the Force, though I agree Dooku far surpassed him in that area. Dooku actually might have won this if it were not for Makashi's weakness to Maul's Juyo.

Great post man! Nice facts too.

1. Physical strenght doesn't matter. Look at Yoda.
2. Bad excuse. Nothing indicates that.
3. Catching someone off guard, isn't that what you're supposed to do? Obi-Wan caught Anakin off guard. Mace caught Sidious off guard.

4. Obi-Wan only won because he was smarter than Anakin. They also knew each others moves inside out. It's a different fight in a different environment.
5. What source do you have that says Qui-Gon was close to Dooku.
6. The ''Qui-Gon was even with Mace'' thing is prior to TPM. Argument can't be used, just like the ''Dooku bested Mace'' argument can't be used.
7. Dooku used Makashi, the saber to saber form. This is the best form for straight out dueling and he had practiced it to it's highest degree. This probably won't matter much.
8. The ''brute strenght destroys makashi'' thing is dumb again. IIRC Dooku was 83 as of ROTS, so he must have been practicing for over 60 years. Under Yoda and Sidious too. Don't you think he can use other forms as well?

Dooku is too much for Maul.

Again you make a valid argument. Here are my thoughts:

1. Well, Yoda's strength is made up for by superior speed and agillity. Physical Strength can impact a fight.
2. Fair enough.
3. That's very true, good call, but chance was involved with that. Though it's possible Dooku > Obi-Wan, I think Obi-Wan could have beaten him in a rematch. Though that's just me.
4. Again, astounding evidence. But Obi-Wan did last very long against Anakin, and even with his smarts, and knowledge of Anakin's moves, he lasted very long, and you have to give him some credit.
5. Well, it was stated both Qui-Gon and Dooku when they were in their primes were able to duel evenly with Mace Windu, implying that they could spar dead even with each other as well.
6. Fair enough.
7. Fair enough. But I believe it's more effective against Ataru and Soresu users. Juyo and Djem So users seem to be it's weakpoint.
8. It's not stated he ever used any other forms. But he is a true MASTER of Makashi, and you have to give him credit for that.

I think Maul would win, but you know what: Your argument makes sense, and I think mine does too. Both of them were very strong opponents and I feel they were very close. Cheers bro.

Yeah at least we don't start flaming like you know who...

Experience:
Maul was in his mid twenties when he died I believe. Around 20 years training from Sidious.

Dooku was 83 when he died. IIRC he had studied the dark side around 13 years so that means he trained as a jedi for around 60 years or more.

Force:
In the movie he opens a door and force pushes obi-wan, might have been more, don't remember.
I'm sure he can also force choke. I've never heard he could use lightning though.

Dooku lifted some of the roof at Yoda. He also tried to throw some of the generators or whatever on Yoda. His force lightning is quite powerful as well. Yoda had a hard time with it.

Master Windu himself remained perfectly balanced and centered. In the history of the Jedi Order, only two opponents ever overcame him in battle. One was Master Yoda, who some said was the Order's true master of lightsaber combat. The other was former Master Dooku, whose own fighting style was archaic, yet stunningly effective. - Power of the jedi sourcebook.

The Count's blade was quick as a viper striking. Among the other Jedi, perhaps only Mace Windu would have been his equal on neutral ground: but here on Vjun, steeped in the dark side, his bladework was malice made visible—wickedness cut in red light. - Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

The best of all would be the strongest student, yes? Wisest? Most learned in the ways of the Force? Best of all, Dooku would be! Our great student! Our great failure." - Yoda talking in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

everything points towards dooku being equal to mace windu, or even above. the count is far smarter too.

if they met, dooku would use his superior force powers to kill maul. no need for sabers lol

Damn man, that's an amazing analysis. My only contradiction to that is that he was a lot stronger when he was young in my opinion, but nonetheless I think he's close to Anakin who's close to Windu. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thestarforumwars.forumotion.com
I am Yoda



Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-09-03
Age : 21
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:57 pm

who is close to anakin, dooku or maul?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starwars.superforum.pro/
Admin
Admin


Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:18 pm

I am Yoda wrote:
who is close to anakin, dooku or maul?

Both. I meant Dooku though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thestarforumwars.forumotion.com
I am Yoda



Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-09-03
Age : 21
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:25 am

I'm going to give them points for different categories. 1 being the lowest and 10 the highest.

Combat Skills
Darth Maul: 8,0
Count Dooku: 9,5

Intelligence
Darth Maul: 7,0
Count Dooku: 8,5

Wisdom
Darth Maul: 5,5
Count Dooku: 8,0

Force-Connection
Darth Maul: 7,5
Count Dooku: 9,5

Offensive Force Powers
Darth Maul: 7,5
Count Dooku: 9,0

Tactical Ability
Darth Maul: 7,5
Count Dooku 8,0

Agility
Darth Maul: 9,5
Count Dooku: 8,0

Strength
Darth Maul: 9,0
Count Dooku: 7,0

Experience
Darth Maul: 6,5
Count Dooku: 9,5

Overal
l
Darth Maul: 68
Count Dooku: 77



Rather easy win for Dooku.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starwars.superforum.pro/
Admin
Admin


Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:44 am

I am Yoda wrote:
I'm going to give them points for different categories. 1 being the lowest and 10 the highest.

Combat Skills
Darth Maul: 8,0
Count Dooku: 9,5

Intelligence
Darth Maul: 7,0
Count Dooku: 8,5

Wisdom
Darth Maul: 5,5
Count Dooku: 8,0

Force-Connection
Darth Maul: 7,5
Count Dooku: 9,5

Offensive Force Powers
Darth Maul: 7,5
Count Dooku: 9,0

Tactical Ability
Darth Maul: 7,5
Count Dooku 8,0

Agility
Darth Maul: 9,5
Count Dooku: 8,0

Strength
Darth Maul: 9,0
Count Dooku: 7,0

Experience
Darth Maul: 6,5
Count Dooku: 9,5

Overal
l
Darth Maul: 68
Count Dooku: 77



Rather easy win for Dooku.

Nice, here's what I think:

Physical Strength:
Darth Maul - 95
Count Dooku - 70

Speed/Agility:
Darth Maul - 90
Count Dooku - 80

Saber Skills:
Darth Maul - 85
Count Dooku - 95

Raw Force Power:
Darth Maul - 80
Count Dooku - 90

Force Combat Abilities:
Darth Maul - 75
Count Dooku - 90

Wisdom:
Darth Maul - 65
Count Dooku - 85

Strategy:
Darth Maul - 95
Count Dooku - 85

Overall:
Darth Maul - 595
Count Dooku - 595

They are for all intents and purpouses equal it seems. As for other things, they'd also be tied. Dooku has more experience, but Maul would use brute strength to overpower Dooku. He's like the most brutish character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thestarforumwars.forumotion.com
I am Yoda



Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-09-03
Age : 21
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:42 pm

Admin wrote:
but ]Maul would use brute strength to overpower Dooku.


but...

Admin wrote:
Saber Skills:
Darth Maul - 85
Count Dooku - 95

how are you going to overpower someone when your saber skills are inferior...

Question










Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starwars.superforum.pro/
Admin
Admin


Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:14 pm

I am Yoda wrote:
Admin wrote:
but ]Maul would use brute strength to overpower Dooku.


but...

Admin wrote:
Saber Skills:
Darth Maul - 85
Count Dooku - 95

how are you going to overpower someone when your saber skills are inferior...

Question


It's simple, really. His skills are inferior, (Though he's pretty close), but he's faster, and stronger, thoroughly making up for his inferior skills. As I said, I consider them equal, but in a fight Maul would seem to have the upper hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thestarforumwars.forumotion.com
I am Yoda



Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-09-03
Age : 21
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:17 am

So I guess force powers means nothing...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starwars.superforum.pro/
Admin
Admin


Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:43 pm

I am Yoda wrote:
So I guess force powers means nothing...

Your right. Dooku>Maul. Vader vs Dooku is a better fight. Perhaps I should make it a topc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thestarforumwars.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin


Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:13 pm

Admin wrote:
I am Yoda wrote:
So I guess force powers means nothing...

Your right. Dooku>Maul. Vader vs Dooku is a better fight. Perhaps I should make it a topc.

Nvm. Dooku >> Vader >> Maul.

Dooku owns Maul, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thestarforumwars.forumotion.com
I am Yoda



Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-09-03
Age : 21
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:19 am

Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
I am Yoda wrote:
So I guess force powers means nothing...

Your right. Dooku>Maul. Vader vs Dooku is a better fight. Perhaps I should make it a topc.

Nvm. Dooku >> Vader >> Maul.

Dooku owns Maul, I'm afraid.

I agree. Don't get me wrong, Maul is a beast and it's not bad to be beaten by Dooku.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starwars.superforum.pro/
Admin
Admin


Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:38 pm

I am Yoda wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
I am Yoda wrote:
So I guess force powers means nothing...

Your right. Dooku>Maul. Vader vs Dooku is a better fight. Perhaps I should make it a topc.

Nvm. Dooku >> Vader >> Maul.

Dooku owns Maul, I'm afraid.

I agree. Don't get me wrong, Maul is a beast and it's not bad to be beaten by Dooku.

Of course not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thestarforumwars.forumotion.com
I am Yoda



Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-09-03
Age : 21
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 am

Actually the physical thing is quite stupid. Dooku has shown he can deal with physical strenght:

1. Dealing with Grievous rather easily
2. Blocking Anakin and Obi-Wan's sabers at the same time
3. Holding Ventress back while raping savage with lightning.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starwars.superforum.pro/
Admin
Admin


Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:11 am

I am Yoda wrote:
Actually the physical thing is quite stupid. Dooku has shown he can deal with physical strenght:

1. Dealing with Grievous rather easily
2. Blocking Anakin and Obi-Wan's sabers at the same time
3. Holding Ventress back while raping savage with lightning.


He can deal with physical strength, but he's not very good at dealing with power attacks from opponents with high physical strength.

However, he rapes Maul anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thestarforumwars.forumotion.com
I am Yoda



Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-09-03
Age : 21
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:33 am

Power attacks? Like??
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://starwars.superforum.pro/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Darth Maul vs Count Dooku   

Back to top Go down
 
Darth Maul vs Count Dooku
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» THE RETURN OF DARTH MAUL!
» Last Full Week of June- Make it Count?
» Nolan & Synder: Lets count the number of things wrong with Superman Returns
» Metal count?
» Count Blue: Handmade animal figures

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Wars Forum :: Vs Forum-
Jump to: